I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

WEEK 34: Scientology and Spaceland




These coming events connotes a space theme. I don't know why; i didn't even plan it that way.
________________________________

WHAT: Scientology Mass
WHEN: Sunday, August 17th at 12:00pm
WHERE: Church of Scientology Los Angeles - 4810 Sunset Boulevard , Los Angeles, CA 90027
Tel: 323-953-3200

Ever wonder what exactly that crazy Tom Cruise raves about? Ever wonder what scientology is? So have I. So I'm planning on going to the root of it and attend a service on Sunday to see what the fuss is about. I first learned about Scientology from watching a South Park episode. So funny! It basically is - as I like to call it - a science fictitious religion. But maybe we can figure that all religions are all man-made in this regard. I am interested in learning how people can possibly fathom the idea of alien worship. Okay, not too sure. I'm sure, like all religions, it is a group (or cult) of people all looking for self-help (well, that's what life's about, isn't it?) and finding help in a higher being. Like all religions it will want my money, I'm sure and will tell me I'm crazy. As far as I know, they will speak in the basic structure that all religions speak in: Do good, Be happy, Give us money. That's essentially it, except they're on a much more psychological level... so far, maybe, that they'll try to brainwash me.

Well, this is what I'm anticipating anyway.

________________________________


I've always heard of Spaceland but have never been. I'm curious about the atmosphere and the music and the bands that perform. And since my writing class is super close, I figure I can check this place out on my way home (or way there, depending.)

WHAT: Spaceland
WHEN: Monday, August 18th at 8:00pm
WHERE: Spaceland - 1717 Silver Lake Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027

Mondays are free in August!
For more info: http://clubspaceland.com/2008/monday-081808-monday-night-residency-warpaint/

* NOTE: Now, I want to go to these two events, but in light of my travel to New York this week and the last day of my writing class, I may have to forgo these events. But this is a tentative plan for me and something I'll be doing if time allows.

No comments: