I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

WEEK 35: Aug. 30th - Hike to the Batcave


Bring a sack lunch, and let's get ready to hike to Batman's batcave. Yes, you heard me. It's the set where Hollywood filmed the 1960s TV series of Batman. I don't know if you'll see many bats, but there'll be some wild animals, maybe coyotes and horses, and a sure view of the "Hollywood" sign. So come all comic book heroes and hiking nerds for one of the most famous film locations and hiking endeavors known to LA!

WHAT: Hike to the Batcave/Bronson Canyon Hike
WHEN: Saturday, August 30th at 12:00pm
WHERE: Bronson Canyon - 3200 Canyon Dr., Hollywood, CA 90068 - (323) 666-5046

Directions:
From Hollywood Boulevard, turn north on either Canyon Drive or Bronson Avenue (which merges with Canyon Drive later). Take Canyon Drive north, through the gates into Griffith Park, then park where the road ends.

For info:
http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/bronsonCanyonGP.htm
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bronson-canyon-griffith-park-hollywood
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/12793
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/BronsonCaves.shtml

1 comment:

Alan Cheezy said...

Crap, I missed the Batcave?? I didn't do my job as a Batfan. I was at Universal Studios all day though...having, er...fighting crime....yea!