I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Flavor of the Day - BLT Steak




Bacon.... or steak? I asked Deane in my mind. How about both? I first came across this restaurant reading an article about local restaurants that serve amazing fries! We both love french fries, so I read on... they served the obvious turf, but they also serve the surf, perfect for me, along with exotic cheeses. Another perfect match for the two of us! I was so excited! I wanted to surprise him, and I'm usually bad with surprises, but I kept him guessing all night until our reservation, at 9:45pm. We were starving!!!!

But here's what we ate, which eventually inflated our bellies:

1. Burnt bread with chicken liver pate, compliments of the chef - not feeling it. Not a fan of liver, which tasted like cow dung, and not a fan of hard burnt bread. (1)

2. Bread puff (popover) with butter, supplement to every meal - this redeemed the horrid taste of number one. This was soooo soooo yummy! (4)

3. Double Cut Bacon - tasted like baconey-ham
4. Kampachi with Artichoke and Kumquat Confit - yummy flavors all in my mouth

5. BLT Cut Steak in Double Sirloin - ordered it medium-rare... the meat was so flavorful, not as much as a cow still kicking, but cooked perfectly. Deane coulda gone rarer, but it was the perfect texture for me.
6. Side of potatoes - baked, sauteed, fried ... very delicious! Nice alternative to fries
7. Grilled Asparagus - always good, grilled and peppery to perfection

8. Stone Fruit Cobbler - now I know what stone fruit is... I've been eating a lot of stone fruit lately and it's no wonder why it's so popular!

Drinks:
Rhubarb Mule - best drink I've ever had!
Kumquat-Acai Mojito - very tasty as well.

Check it: http://www.bltsteak.com/
... and go!

No comments: