I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Flavors of the Days

Friday:
Dinner at Terroni: Ate the most boring pizza ever! Bread and marinara sauce. Estodo. Zip. That's it. I'm sure their other pizza and food there were good. But if no cheese exists in my meal, then it's not a superb meal... especially pizza. The Bellini was pretty good though, especially once I hit the bottom of the glass.
Dessert at Grace: We were actually looking for this ice cream place called "Milk," but since we couldn't find that one, we stopped here. It looks all fancy inside, and the desserts were presented all fancy as well. We ordered three flavors of sorbet and a chocolatey mousse type of dessert. Very good. I'd like to try some of their other courses sometime.

Saturday:



Grilled Cheese Invitational in Griffith Park: How could I not attend this event? You know me... wherever cheese goes, I follow. We didn't stay long enough to try any in the competition. Just tried the plain Kraft singles ones... nothing extraordinary, but the idea of this was what won me over. They even had a cake made out of grilled cheese!... I'm a little torn on that one. I only wish I had the time to compete and time to experiment making the best grilled cheese recipe ever! I mean, it sounds simple, but think about all the hundreds of different types of cheeses there are out there... and the varieties of breads! There's more to making this simple American favorite than meets the eye.

Shoshana's Birthday/Drum Party: My good friend and co-worker, Shoshana, celebrated her birthday this weekend with people she's met from all over. We ate yummy healhty food, (I brought the fruit and Tony helped me cut it into a bowl to look all prettiful. Fruit and cheese... always a great combination and supplement to wine) and played instruments of all sorts in her backyard drum circle. So much fun! I want to do it again!

1 comment:

Ames Away said...

I met the winner of the grilled cheese contest. She is in my bible study group.