

Pretty fun time... just really crowded on an extremely scorcher day! I almost fainted of heat stroke, but that's another story. Got to try free samples of dishes like: yakisoba, Indian curry, veggie salad, and fried banana! The curry was delicious; just wish I could have tried more varieties. But on this day, ice cream or Thai desserts would have been better. I drowned my system with boba thai ice tea. Went into a couple stores to get out of the heat, and would like to return to eat the food (especially all the exotic desserts) sometime. Caught a glimpse of thai kick boxing and some people dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Before that, we went to the Farmer's Market on Ivar, between Sunset and Hollywood. Bought some fruit, and found out that cherimoya is my new favorite fruit. Must needs to buy more! Perfect for hot days like those. I just love farmer's markets because they have all my favorite foods.

After that, we went to the Grove. Haven't been there for ages so it was nice to hit up those shops... but again, so sweltering hot that I began to sweat off all the energy in me (dehydration is a good word for it.)
I guess a good note for next time: When it's hot, either stay inside an air-conditioned building, or jump in your neighbor's pool.
----- STATISTICS -----
People attended: 2
Time alloted: 2 hours
----- RATING ----- (out of 5 stars)
Overall Experience: 3.5 (because it was hot! but more points for free and generous amounts of curry and fried banana!)
2 comments:
my goodness! I've been super busy the past few weeks and i missed out on a few events which i heard i heard turned out great. Looks like next time my face will show up will be at that drumming b-day party happening this weekend. The curry festival sounds like fun.....i missed it......k c ya!
hey rochelle. i just came upon this while visiting your myspace. seems neat! such a busy life you have these days! =)
cherimoya rules. i semi-love it. i'll have to get you my mom's cherimoya recipes.
hope you're well.
xoxo.
-janett
Post a Comment