Friday, June 13th -
Watched a performance based on Shel Silverstein's "adult" works. At the Odyssey Theatre. The show consisted of a variety of his plays and songs. I had no idea he jump-started his career by writing for Playboy, truly not a children's piece. But everyone knows him for his fun, playful, wacky, and sometimes sentimental works like "Where the Sidewalk Ends," "A Light in the Attic," and my favorite, "The Giving Tree." As you may recall, I've taken a liking of shorts lately, so this was perfect for my A.D.D. All were very comical and his use of words demonstrated his comedic genius. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Silverstein's work, enjoys comedy of all kinds, and just needs a quick laugh.
Afterwards we grabbed some tea at Volcano Tea. I ordered the Honey Green Milk Tea with aloe and lychee strips. Good stuff. Revised a couple of plays I'm currently writing. Well, attempting to write. I've been slacking lately on the writing. I feel I go out way too much, and that it should be cut in half. Play AND work... work and play... balance is contentment.
I plan and post an event for the week. Each event packs a creative flavor of cultural, social, and the most economical means of having fun. You decide whether you want to come along or not. Simple as that. What is the flavor of this week? Check out my posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment