


Wednesday:
Larkins in Echo Park. Tried the sausage sandwich and the catfish. Side orders of collard greens and beans and rice. Then for dessert, you have to have the sweet potato pie! YUMMY! What I liked especially was the atmosphere of the restaurant. It was like sitting at someone's house. I love how the chairs were all old-fashioned and none matched up, and how the table-tops were at one time doors. Fun place, and I recommend it to anyone who appreciates creole/soul/louisiana food.
American Tales: A night of two shorts by two of America's most famous authors - Mark Twain and Herman Melville. Twain's romance about finding love over the telephone proved a stark contrast to Melville's "Bartleby." Would you like me to give a lengthy review now? I would prefer not to. All I can tell you is to watch it yourself; it makes for a very enjoyable night.
Thursday:
Karuna Yoga: Shoshana has been teaching yoga for a couple months now, and has been asking me to take her class, so since I had a night free, I thought, "Why not?" However, during the class I regrettably noticed how stiff and inflexible I am now. These muscles which could leisurely and easily relax into the splits... are no longer able.
Friday:

Amy's Choir at the Blessed Sacrament in Hollywood. It's their number one fundraiser, and I wanted to support them and her. The theme for this year's concert was the four elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. So each song centered on one of the four. Amy's solo focused on wind... she has such a great voice; I'm so proud of her! And the group songs harmonized into an oldies-style acappella of which I'm very fond.


Hiking to Cooper Canyon Falls:
I've been wanting to go on this hike for a while - since I researched the Eaton Canyon hike. We got a little lost along the way, but we ended up finding it. I haven't been on a hike up in the Los Angeles Mountains in a long time, if ever. The trees were beautiful, the mountain air was fresh, and the sky was so blue, not this desaturated grayish blue we're used to seeing in the city. A downward walk to the Falls. Lost of fallen trees which people use as short passage from one trail to another. The fall itself was more than typical Southern California. Not as dominant as Eaton Falls, but the blame rests on the season, not the falls. By the way the moss attached itself to the rock wall, you could see that the falls rage in the springtime. March would be the perfect month to go, FYI. We ate a picnic lunch by the falls and planted our feet in the cold waters. If it was warmer, I would have jumped in with the tiny fishes that reside there. But then again, we were covered in sunscreen, and who wants to be responsible for killing the six fish (maybe of a rare species) that swim about there?
A night at Cheesecake Factory soon followed.
No comments:
Post a Comment