
We watched "shAme" at the King King in Hollywood. shAme is based on Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel "The Scarlet Letter." The play stayed true to the book, although I really can't remember much of the book. I loved the music. I'm growing a certain taste bud that enjoys rock operas. My first was "Rent." A lot of great voices, great cast... good eye candy too! I recommend it to anyone. Give it a 5 of 5 stars. I guess because it was free I enjoyed it even more. Following this was a "Night of Shame," which had bands playing. I loved the space also. I never thought a nightclub could pull off what a playhouse could, but it did, and it did it better than many of the other small playhouses I've been to lately.
Since we were in the area, we walked to Pig-n-Whistle. Not what I thought it would be. It was karaoke night and the crowd lacked excitement. The slow pace not only bored me but it seemed to force me to leave because the only thing keeping us there was that it was warmer inside than walking on the streets.
I bought my first Tokidoki top at Virgin Megastore. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but his stuff is so adorable that I couldn't resist. And I thought it would be okay to splurge. (I usually only spend $25 at most on a top, but the young frugal girl in me was silenced and I decided to "spend my hard-earned money on something I really like." Believe me, I would have bought more, but the price tags scared the courageous me away.
As we waited for Deane to finish up with his improv show, we got a snack at Mel's Diner. It was already pretty late and I didn't want to spoil my sleep with something big, so we got a plate of twisty fries. Yum! Haven't had those in a while.
And that was my Wednesday night....
No comments:
Post a Comment